Time and Work is an important topic asked in banking and other competitive exams like IBPS Clerk, SBI Clerk, SSC CGL, IBPS PO, SBI PO, CAT and more. This article is a part of ‘’Shortcut Techniques’’ series. This shortcut method to solve Time and Work problems quickly will help you to save at least 1 minute per problem.
Time and Work shortcuts/ Tricks-Model3-(3people)
1.A,B and C can complete a work in 2 days. If A does the job alone in 6 days and B in 5 days. How long will it take for C to finish the job alone?
- Now (A+B+C)’s one days work = 30/2
= 15 units per day
- Now A‘s one days work = 30/6
= 5 units per day
- Now B’s one days work = 30/5
= 6 units per day
- Now C=(A+B+C)-A-B = 15-5-6
C‘s one days work = 4 units per day
- Now Total Days required for C = Total No.of units/C‘s one days work